Why we're here:
This blog is to highlight the unjust persecution of legitimate non-TV users at the hands of TV Licensing. These people do not require a licence and are entitled to live without the unnecessary stress and inconvenience caused by TV Licensing's correspondence and employees.

If you use equipment to receive live broadcast TV programmes, or to watch or download BBC on-demand programmes via the iPlayer, then the law requires you to have a TV licence and we encourage you to buy one.

If you've just arrived here from a search engine, then you might find our Quick Guide helpful.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Thursday 20 February 2020

New TV Licensing Threatograms - The IN01O Series


Over the last few weeks TV Licensing has been distributing several new variants of threatogram to unlicensed properties.

The new missives all bear a reference code beginning with the characters IN01O, so we shall henceforth refer to them as the IN01O series of threatograms.

We are aware of threatograms bearing the following reference codes:
  • IN01O0A1, IN01O0A2, IN01O0A3, IN01O0A4, IN01O0A5 - all of these variants have exactly the same text and formatting. These letters are printed in blue/green and an example is shown above.
  • IN01OA1, IN01OA2 - both of these variants have exactly the same text and formatting. They are printed in red and an example is shown below.
There are likely to be other members of the IN01O series that we have not yet come across, so please let us know if you have one. Better still if you can scan and email us a suitably redacted copy.

These threatograms might be new, but the message from TV Licensing certainly isn't - your property is unlicensed, it is under investigation, if caught breaking the law you risk prosecution, stop this investigation now by buying a licence.


In common with all other TV Licensing threatograms, if you read carefully you'll say a generous splattering of the words "may" and "if" and very little of substance.

The IN01O series represents yet another TV Licensing kite flying exercise, in the desperate hope that recipients are intimidated into buying a TV licence irrespective of their legal need to do so.

We can only assume that TV Licensing's conspicuous use of IN01O reference codes is an attempt to give the new variant threatograms an artificial air of authority.

Remember that a legally-licence-free person is under no obligation at all to TV Licensing. Simply ignore their letters and keep the door firmly closed on any TV Licensing goon that calls.

Don't be one of the unfortunate innocent people who makes the mistake of trusting TV Licensing and ends up accused of an offence they haven't committed.

TV Licensing are complete and utter scum and cannot be trusted.

If you've found this article useful please consider liking us on Facebookfollowing us on Twitter or downloading our free ebook.

Edit (1/3/20): We have just become aware of an IN01N95A variant, which bears the same text and layout as IN01O0A1.

35 comments:

Naz Nomad said...

I had an IN01N8A3 in Wales (along with a copy in Welsh, naturally)

Chris_2812 said...

They really are getting desperate to get a response from people. Not to worry, if Boris gets his way, they wont have to worry about the lack of responses again.

Anonymous said...

It fails to point out at the end that you need not bother to reply even if you have NOT recently bought a licence.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I received an IN010 code BS letter this morning too.

They actually think putting some made up random letters and numbers in a code makes it more intimidating. More childish I'd say but certainly goes along with the puerile gibberish content of the rest of the letter (so at least they are consistent.)

I actually look forward to their monthly spew letters if only see to how desperate and pathetic the BBC are making themselves look.

Anonymous said...

I don't even bother to read these now, they get shredded and recycled without ever having been opened.

I really hope that Boris forces the BBC to become a subscription model, then they can wither away into insignificance where they belong.

Bernard said...

I've just this morning had a red card put though the box saying 'Sorry your not in'. I thought I had a package at the sorting office. I called out to the post-lady that I was in and she came over and said it was not from the sorting office. I was about to bin it when I noticed that in fact it was not a card, but could be split open. Lo and behold, there was all the same old threatening rubbish inside.

Anonymous said...

IN01O0A13 received in Scotland here.

What's with that use of O and 0 in the form? Is it to make it harder to Google?

Anonymous said...

Hiya...received an IN01O0A13 in post today. Hilarious! Anyhoo it's been filed under B...just wanted to add to the numerical info.

I've been visited on many an occasion, always sent them on thier way with a flea in their ear. They even accused my son of sticking up for his 'girlfriend' FFS, when he explained I was in bed post surgery...which I genuinely was! Son wasn't best pleased, I was flattered if I'm honest...22 years between us lol

Anonymous said...

Same as above, I've had the IN01O0A13 through the post with the same old nonsense, "formal notification...details passed to 'enforcement' team..." (I'd like to see them enforce something that's not in use and to which they have already been informed, a few years ago, that my house does not require as the services are not used).

"We need to check you are not breaking the law" - that sounds like a "You" problem.

Cathy said...

Just got a A13 through the door, NI. They can slide on. Nobody getting in my home during this pandemic. They’ve a brass neck!

Unknown said...

I've just had a letter... "Your IN01O0A14 An IN01O0A14 code has been issued against your address. We use it to target unlicensed homes like yours that require a visit from TV licencing Enforceent Officers".

So that's nice. Mind you, they're really late, having threatened to send the boys around last year.

Anonymous said...

I received an IN010OA15 threat today and apparently they 'Need to check I'm not breaking the law'.

This statement alone just goes to show how deluded they are. The BBC is run by a bunch of moronic cowards.






Anonymous said...

IN01O0A15 arrived in today's post.

Jackiefas said...

3 years ago I emailed them to tell them it was my 2nd home and I would never be watching live tv. They replied asking me to let them know when I was moving in! Doh! If they can't do their job properly and log this on their system let them waste licence payers money and continue sending me 2 threatening letters every month for the last 3 years and foreseeable future. BBC corrupt company

Anonymous said...

An IN01O0A16 here, can't see this one online but all wording same as over variation of IN01's

Unknown said...

Ino10oA16 issued October 2021 in belfast Northern Ireland

Anonymous said...

I got the IN01O0A16.....
let me guess, IN01O0A17 is the next!! :ROFL:

Anonymous said...

Yes, just received IN01O0A17 in Yorkshire

Anonymous said...

Fancy that... a "IN01O0A17" landed in my mailbox this morning..

Addressed to "the legal occupier" how desperate.

Anonymous said...

IN01O0A23 received 18th march 2022

Anonymous said...

IN010oA26 today in Bedfordshire, says my details have been passed to Oxford enforcement team LOL

Anonymous said...

Ive just got one with the code IN01O0A27

Anonymous said...

It's a 28 for me hahahahaha... Sad acts.

Anonymous said...

IN01O0A30 received today in Manchester.

Anonymous said...

I've just got an A30 😂

Anonymous said...

They'll run out of numbers soon - I got a IN0100A32 yesterday !

Unknown said...

They’re headed over the border and up North A34 in Scotland received yesterday.

I thought the A34 was Oxford & Newbury 🤔

Could at least go for the A702!!

Unknown said...

They’re headed over the border and up North A34 in Scotland received yesterday.

I thought the A34 was Oxford & Newbury 🤔

Could at least go for the A702!!

Anonymous said...

Mine ends with A34. Got so pst off, was going to call and vent. But they really are not worth the steam from my spit! I would rather force myself to vomit than watch mainstream propaganda programming bollox!

Anonymous said...

A34 came today I paid for a license for 55 years then turned 75 last year ,now no longer allowed the free for over 75s so stopped watching BBC and cancelled my d/d now I get these threatening letters every month

Anonymous said...

Just received an IN01O0A37 — exciting!

Anonymous said...

Just received one in Devon, IN01O0A37. This is ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

I am up to A38. But still the same message.

Anonymous said...

I am up to A38. But still the same message.

Anonymous said...

Mine has s a INO100A38
Has been issued against my address. They use it to target unlicensed homes that require a visit from an enforcement officer…..
They need to check I’m not breaking the law
Blah blah blah
Pay us monthly and we won’t come. BUT I NEED TO ACT NOW!

Now don’t get me wrong I could give it a try but my acting won’t be Oscar worthy…..