Why we're here:
This blog is to highlight the unjust persecution of legitimate non-TV users at the hands of TV Licensing. These people do not require a licence and are entitled to live without the unnecessary stress and inconvenience caused by TV Licensing's correspondence and employees.

If you use equipment to receive live broadcast TV programmes, or to watch or download BBC on-demand programmes via the iPlayer, then the law requires you to have a TV licence and we encourage you to buy one.

If you've just arrived here from a search engine, then you might find our Quick Guide helpful.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Friday 15 June 2018

Amplifying TV Licensing Criticism

As most readers will already know, there is nothing TV Licensing likes better than coercing payment from people with no legal need for a TV licence.

We're not just saying that for effect - it is an absolute fact, supported by the BBC's own statistic that more than 80% of TV Licensing threatograms are destined for properties that do not legally require a TV licence. The occupiers of many of those properties have told TV Licensing - sometimes countless times - that they do not legally require a TV licence, yet TV Licensing harasses them anyway.

Bizarrely, for an organisation that generates vast swathes of negative publicity, TV Licensing absolutely hates it when people air its dirty laundry in public. That being the case, we would encourage everyone to regularly share TV Licensing critical content far and wide.

Some examples of critical content appearing on Twitter in the last 24 hours:

  • By @56Heatherbelle: "@tvlicensing why are you threatening to send some agent to my house when I pay my TV licence by Direct Debit? Best you sort yourselves out. Of course I'm going to ignore your letters. This doesn't concern me #getyourfactsright"
  • By @Gareth_Parsons1: "@tvlicensing sending threatening letters to my dead father's address is not on. I've informed you of the situation!"
  • By @rosedales: "@tvlicensing so fed up of receiving harassment letters from you! I have declared pointless times that the property is empty. I should just let you waste more time and money to 'investigate' because you just do not listen! Can't believe the threatening tone in your letters!"
  • By @trevormwilson: "@tvlicensing Please stop harassing me. I am perfectly aware of the circumstances that would require me to have a TV licence and I have told you already that I don't require one."
  • By @wambamfran: "The TV licence people are actual money robbing bastards LMAO. Someone abolish them please."
  • By @xjechtx: "@tvlicensing I've received 7 of these (threatograms) this year alone. Can you fuck off?"
We're sure that thousands of innocent people wrongly hounded by TV Licensing will agree with that final sentiment.

If you've got a social media account please get on there and push TV Licensing critical content whenever you see it.

If you've found this article useful please share it with your friends and consider using our Amazon referral link for your shopping.

3 comments:

Admin said...

Apologies to Postman Pat: We deleted your comment by mistake during the approval process.

Fred Bear said...

Good advice Admin - as they say - "don't get mad, get even"

Leah said...

Hi TV Licence Blog. Keep piling on the pressure. I canceled my TV Licence 2 years ago after reading your website and I've never looked back. Is there any way make a donation to your fighting fund? Yours Leah x