Why we're here:
This blog is to highlight the unjust persecution of legitimate non-TV users at the hands of TV Licensing. These people do not require a licence and are entitled to live without the unnecessary stress and inconvenience caused by TV Licensing's correspondence and employees.

If you use equipment to receive live broadcast TV programmes, or to watch or download BBC on-demand programmes via the iPlayer, then the law requires you to have a TV licence and we encourage you to buy one.

If you've just arrived here from a search engine, then you might find our Quick Guide helpful.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Friday 30 October 2015

TV Licensing Harassing Pensioner


A comment left on our popular summons post by first-time TV Licensing Blog visitor Badger:
____________________
So pleased and relieved to have found your site. I'm now reassured that my original disgust of TV Licensing practise against those who choose not to own a TV or watch live broadcasts, has been justified. Also, that there is a lively blog supporting we harassed individuals who are made to feel like criminals!

I am 67 and have never owned a TV and I don't watch live broadcasts. For countless years I have wearily objected to the effrontery of TVL expecting me to repeatedly explain why I don't need a licence. ALL their letters have been accusational and implied I have been trying to hide information and that I am guilty of some sort of deceitful activity! Therefore, I adopted a bloody-minded attitude from the beginning and decided to ignore the b------s. The latest spat has lasted five months when, after twelve increasingly threatening letters, I received the 'What to expect in court' bollocks on the reverse of which I see the misleading subterfuge goes on...." Remember; even if you do not own a TV, under the Communications Act 2003, you still need to be covered by a licence if you watch or record TV on any device...." Once again, they conveniently omit the proviso, only if you watch LIVE broadcasts or watch programmes as they are being shown!

As I've had no visit to check my property for offending 'receiving apparatus', I guess my 'summons' appears to be for a refusal to reply to their letters. That will really stand up in court!

Even though the TVL are such pathetic muppets, I wonder how many misled folk are worried by these bully-boy tactics and are frightened into needlessly buying a licence?

This scare mongering is, I would have thought, verging on the illegal and must surely be considered as intimidation?!

Many thanks for your forum and keep up the good work of exposing the nasty tactics of TVL!
____________________
It's our absolute pleasure Badger and thank you for going to the trouble of leaving such a well-composed comment.

Discrediting TV Licensing is as easy as shooting rats drowning in a barrel of piss.

Get our latest posts straight to your inbox: Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I received the 'What to expect in court' letter yesterday. At first glance you are lead to believe you have actually been summoned to court and I have to admit my heart missed a beat. However, once I read it properly, I realised it was the same bully-boy tactics they have used in every other letter they have sent to me; 1 a month since March!

Bare in mind I have already been through their intimidation process back in 2012, when I decided there was no point paying for a licence as I no longer watch or record live TV programmes. This resulted in a goon visit where they ascertained I was (and still am) legally license free.

I strongly object to the persistent threat-o-grams. They have already confirmed I am legally licence free. That should be the end of it. I am more than capable of working out for myself if I need a licence or not!

One point to note is the wording on the address:

The first 2 letters were addressed to me, the next 4 to the "Present Occupier" and the last 2 to the "Legal Occupier". I assume this is another tactic to scare people into buying a licence they don't need.

I wonder how much of the TV Licence fee has gone into sending me 8 letters over 8 months just to check if my circumstances have changed, and I wonder how many other people are in the same situation; Confirmed to be legally licence free but being hassled because Capita have this ridiculous 2 year policy?