Why we're here:
This blog is to highlight the unjust persecution of legitimate non-TV users at the hands of TV Licensing. These people do not require a licence and are entitled to live without the unnecessary stress and inconvenience caused by TV Licensing's correspondence and employees.

If you use equipment to receive live broadcast TV programmes, or to watch or download on-demand programmes via the BBC iPlayer, then the law requires you to have a licence and we encourage you to buy one.

If you've just arrived here from a search engine, then you might find our Quick Guide helpful.

Tuesday, 5 August 2008

TV Licensing for Members of the Armed Forces

Military establishments are not exempt from TV licence laws. This means that all television receiving or recording equipment must be appropriately licensed.

Televisions in working areas like classrooms, guardrooms, cookhouses and communal areas in junior ranks accommodation blocks are likely to be covered by the establishment's own licence.

Individuals wishing to use television equipment in their barrack room require a licence to do so. Only one licence is needed per room in the case of multiple occupancy.

Anyone using a device powered solely by its own internal batteries to watch or record television programmes will be covered by their home licence and does not require an additional licence.

Service families accommodation and single living accommodation must also be licensed separately.

Service personnel posted elsewhere in the UK will need to inform TV Licensing of their new address so that the licence is transferred and remains valid.

Personnel posted overseas who no longer need their licence can surrender it for a partial refund.

These rules also apply to foreign service personnel temporarily resident in the UK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Licensing can only investigate with the permission of the CO. Some establishments who don't want electronic monitoring have refused to invite the licensing authorities to scan, and therefore you can get away without a license as you can't get caught. I know of three such establishments belonging to the Navy alone.
Check out USOs