Why we're here:
This blog is to highlight the unjust persecution of legitimate non-TV users at the hands of TV Licensing. These people do not require a licence and are entitled to live without the unnecessary stress and inconvenience caused by TV Licensing's correspondence and employees.

If you use equipment to receive live broadcast TV programmes, or to watch or download BBC on-demand programmes via the iPlayer, then the law requires you to have a TV licence and we encourage you to buy one.

If you've just arrived here from a search engine, then you might find our Quick Guide helpful.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Sunday 28 September 2014

Pub Boss Threatens to Call Time After TV Licensing Prosecution


The owner of a Bury pub has threatened to call time after being prosecuted for TV licence evasion, despite his claim that no TV equipment is used on the premises.

Colin Yates, who runs CY Inns Limited, has said he will close the Fairfield Inn on the town's Rochdale Old Road if Magistrates follow through with their demands for payment of a £500 fine.

Mr Yates told the Bury Times: "This is draconian action. It is the second time they have taken me to court and I just can’t understand it. There is no television in the pub.

"I’m a businessman trying to make a living. I cut corners where I have to, but I would never cut corners when it comes to paying bills.

"If they have taken me to court without my knowledge, then they have gone behind my back. I have not been given the chance to defend myself."

It certainly wouldn't be the first time TV Licensing has prosecuted a non-TV owner for TV licence evasion. We are aware of many instances where TV Licensing has presented very dubious evidence before the courts.


Gappy-toothed TV Licensing PR harlot Matt Thompson said: "We appreciate these are tough times for businesses, but to be fair to the majority who do pay the licence fee, we have to take action against those who watch TV illegally."

TV Licensing don't do lager, but if they did it would be the most putrid tasting concoction known to mankind!

No comments: